Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Dogs Are Not Invited to my Wedding

So, if you know just one thing about me, it's that I'm pretty much obsessed with my dogs. You also know that I think Winnie is damn near perfect and Annabelle's soul purpose in life is to cause trouble wherever she goes.  Needless to say the first comments we got after announcing our engagement was whether or not the dogs were going to be in the wedding. Specifically we were asked if Annabelle would be the flower girl and if Winnie would be the ring bearer. 

No. Just, no. (Although I must admit they both look pretty awesome in clothes)

Reason #1? Annabelle would eat the cake. And probably run away. 

Reason #2? Winnie would put her tennis ball in everyone's lap. Gross. 

I should probably be honest here and say that if I wasn't going to be wearing a white dress and if I really had my way, Winnie would totally be invited. But I'll be wearing white. She's not compatible with white clothing. Black hair + tennis ball dirt + slobber = Disaster.

We have decided that instead of having our dogs ruin be involved in our wedding, we will try to incorporate them into our Save the Date cards. You know, once we actually have a date and all. I hear that's pretty important to establish first. 

Anyway, I had some ideas about how I wanted to have them involved... mainly that I want the card to be a picture of them rather than of us. I don't want my face on someone else's fridge. No way. So obviously I consulted Dr. Google to see what others have done. 

Here's some examples of ones I like:

This one is my absolute fave. Only we would have to have either one dog on each side, or both in the middle. How we'll get them to sit there I have no idea. Someone will just have to hold a ball in front of Winnie. She'll sit like a statue for days. Annabelle? Gah, I have no idea. Cooperating isn't really on her agenda so we'll see...

via


This one might be easier to accomplish. Only, I don't want the boots there. Just a cute sign in between them. 


via

This one is also super cute and potentially doable. The signs are from etsy - I love them. 


via

So, there ya have it. My dogs are mostly terrible creatures who will absolutely not be invited to my wedding but I'm still totally obsessed with them and will involve them in some way. I mean, to be honest, so much of our time is spent yelling at playing with them that it seems only fair they get to play a role ;)



Head on over to the Tall Tails link up to see other people who are obsessed with their pets!




11 comments:

  1. So cute! I really wish we would have incorporated Jenny into ours! I'm with you though- might be best to leave the pups at home on the day of!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea for a save the date! We skipped out on save the dates but if we had done them I would have loved something like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having them in the Save the Date is such a cute idea! I like the one with the sign in the middle of them. Good luck getting them to pose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I always ask Tom if Lil would be involved if we get married and Tom's always like absolutely NOT! She would never be calm enough for any of that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh i love all those save the dates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cousin had her dog in her wedding, and let me tell you, you're making the right decision! :) All of those save the dates are adorable though - I can't even pick a favorite! You can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we are the same way! There is no way possible our dogs could be in the wedding! They wouldn't make it down the aisle because they would want to say hey to everyone there! I do want them in our engagement photos though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these ideas. I would not have my dog at my wedding in a million years. (I say that now, we'll see...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those save the date card ideas are totally cute and doable! I love dogs - but you're right they do not belong any where near white dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that first one. SO CUTE. Also, you probably should not invite your dogs to your wedding. Good call on that :) Ah, wedding planning. It will suck the life right out of you, but it's still so much fun!

    ReplyDelete