Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Chocolate Chips

Have I Mentioned my Love for Chocolate Chips?


I'm currently waiting on a batch of chocolate chip cookies to cool so I can put them away before heading to bed. This feels like an exact repeat of last night... it's totally normal to make chocolate chip cookies two days in a row, right? Healthy life choices will start tomorrow... after I finish the cookies, of course.

In my defense(?) its really an experiment of sorts. I've read that letting cookie dough chill for 24 hours in the fridge produces a better cookie. Last night James had to work until almost 10pm, so I decided to be a good girlfriend and have some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies ready for him when he got home. As always I got distracted and they weren't even in the oven when he got home, but they only bake for ~10 minutes so no biggie :)  Anyway, I decided to save half the dough and put it in the fridge to test this theory. 

The verdict? I think its true. 



These are from the batch that was refrigerated. The texture is perfect and I feel like they have more flavor. It's quite possible this is all in my head, but I think it worked. Chances are I'll never actually have the forethought and/or patience to make dough ahead of time and wait 24 hours before I can have cookies, but I may just start splitting batches - have half before to soothe my impatient soul and the other half the next day. It's portion control, really. See? Healthy life choices starting already ;)

ps - Since I was making these at 10pm last night, I just used the recipe on the nestle tollhouse chocolate chip bag. They were good, but try it with your favorite recipe and see how it works! Or, if you're lazy like me, just use the tollhouse one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment