Friday, June 7, 2013

H54F

It's Friday again! As always, I'm linking up with Lauren.









1. I was back out at the farm this past weekend. I went out there one evening after meeting up with my fam for dinner and realized I was just wearing sandals so I slipped on my super stylish rain boots from Target. I secretly love them and want a million more pairs of fun rain boots. 

2. This just made me laugh. It's a horrible picture that you can't really see, but this balloon is from James' bday in May and its been sitting in our dining room ever since. The other night Winnie just came walking into the living room with it & plopped it down on her bed. For some reason I found it hilarious. But, I pretty much think anything Winnie does is hilarious... and perfect. Maybe I'm biased. 

3. Saw this movie for a steal at Food Lion. I was *almost* tempted to spend the $4.99 and pop it in for entertainment's sake. Instead I didn't and know I'll probably always wonder why the (mega)shark is eating a plane. Or really, why the shark and octopus are fighting in the first place. And how on earth someone could/would actually make a movie about it.

4. We went on a mid-week date to the NC Seafood Restaurant at the Farmer's Market. O.M.G. If you live here, you need to go. I got the popcorn shrimp & James got the flounder. Both were excellent and enough food to feed a small army. And the hush puppies... oh dear.

5. This pretty much sums up where I am in life right now. This year is my 'golden' birthday - I'll turn 28 on the 28th and I'm having a little bit of anxiety about officially crossing over into my late twenties. Ick.

And here's a bonus:

Winnie helped me fill water troughs... by climbing in them. In case you haven't figured it out I'm crazy about this dog and no week is complete without way too many pictures of her doing her happy, dumb retriever things. 

The weather here is supposed to be awful this weekend. Thanks, tropical storm. I don't mind though because I'm on call all day Saturday and working until 1pm Sunday. I'm planning to catch up on the 1 billion loads of laundry I have and then bake something gluten free for a coworker's birthday. 

Hope you have a great (& hopefully more exciting!) weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. I had a veryyy hard time turning 30 but once you get it over with, it's done, huge relief! I feel like that ecard explains my life perfectly now too! At least we are in the same boat :) Found you from the link up! Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at Winnie and that balloon! So cute. I think retrievers are as smart as any other dog, but they just have a different idea of what is "normal". Haha. I've never owned a retriever breed but have heard/read some funny stories.

    ReplyDelete