Saturday, June 15, 2013

One Day, Maybe

Whew, this has been a long week! The weekend snuck up on me somehow - I didn't even get a chance to do a H54F post this week although there were some pretty nice highlights. I feel like somehow recently life has hit the fast forward button and I don't have time for anything extra these days! Sadly, that list has come to include baking & this blog lately. 

The good thing is my lack of spare time has *mostly* come as a result of picking up some extra farm sitting, and some fun nights out. Most recently seeing The Lumineers at Koka Booth Thursday night. Such a great show and the nasty storms that blew through brought some amazing weather behind them for the show. If you're into that kind of music and get a chance to see them live, do it! We saw them in December when they opened for DMB, and they were just as good then as they were last night. 




Oh, and there were food trucks. Our 3 favorite food trucks, even. Food trucks have exploded in our area and we're loving it for sure. Not sure what makes it so fun, but it is. And we have some really great ones here. 




Anyway, in light of all that stuff I'm really hoping things will slow down a bit someday and I'll have time to get back to baking. If When that happens, here's somethings I've been adding to my food board on Pinterest that I'd really love to try!

New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies - if you know anything about me, you know my love for chocolate chip cookies & my quest to finally make the *perfect* ones. If I accomplish nothing else on this list, I WILL make these.


via

Cookie Dough Truffle Brownies - Cookie Dough & brownies?!? Two of my favorite things. I mean, really. Whoever thought to combine the two is a genius. Pure genius.

Lemon Yogurt Cake - I love lemon pound cakes. So good.

via

And finally, this:
Hot Fudge Pie - I'm pretty sure the name says it all. If ever a dessert was meant for me, I'm pretty sure this is it.

via
So, there ya go. A few things that are hopefully in my future. I'm sure I'll have time to bake all of these... one day. Maybe ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment