Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy (early) 4th of July!

July 4th is one of my favorite holidays. It's basically an excuse to have a giant cookout, eat awesome summer desserts and watch fireworks. It's very much a no strings attached type of holiday. No pressure to dress up, buy the right gifts, or... anything really. Just show up, eat food, go home. Easy & stress free - the perfect summer holiday.

Of course my favorite thing is the desserts. Mainly the ones involving strawberries. It's a good thing they're red and find their way into all the main Fourth of July desserts. 



Last year I had to work on the 4th so of course I brought this cake. No one wants to work on a holiday, but at least cake makes it slightly better. And this one is covered in fruit which also makes it healthy... right? I'll be making this again to take to my parent's house for a cookout this year. You can find the recipe to this Vanilla Pudding Cake  I shared back in May when I made it for Memorial Day. You should definitely make it - it's super easy, fun to decorate and everyone always loves it. 

What are some of your favorite Independence Day desserts?

No comments:

Post a Comment