Monday, July 1, 2013

What a Weekend!

Well folks, I lived through my first weekend as a 28 year old. It wasn't so painful after all. I took some time off from work including blogging & baking. I'll get back to it this week, but first let's rewind for a weekend recap!

First of all, this showed up at my door which is always a great way to start off a weekend!




Of course, Annabelle being the terrible dog that she is promptly took it upon herself to destroy the box. She has this weird thing where all cardboard boxes MUST be destroyed. It's fine, minus the enormous mess she makes. 

Take a look at those crazy eyes!

OK, moving onto more important things. Friday, we woke up at the crack of dawn and went to breakfast before I had to head to work for a bit.



That giant pile of carbs? Yeah, that's mine. James, of course, had the much healthier veggie omelet. We went to a little place called Gypsy's Shiny Diner. If you're in the Raleigh/Cary area you should go. It's diner food so don't expect anything fancy, but if you want a heart attack on a plate then go ahead!

I left work around 1pm, got stuck in traffic and finally made it home. I had plans for that afternoon to get some things done, but since we had gotten up at 5am a nap won out instead. Can't say I regret it. 

We went to dinner at Ruth's Chris Friday night. For my birthday this year I wanted a nice dinner out and a weekend at the beach. Our beach plans have been postponed due to iffy weather so instead James got me some small gifts - a seashell and a sailboat charm for my Pandora bracelet. We love the beach & try to go every summer so they were fitting. Anyway, enough about that... Dinner was fabulous. Another place you must go if there's one near you. I could talk about what we had for dinner, but instead let's skip to dessert.  Allow me to introduce you to the Chocolate Explosion. Heaven on a plate. Seriously I would go there every day just for this. Every. Day. 


Of, course dessert was followed by beverages. I don't know what this stuff is, someone recommended it to us though and it was great. It has a light summery taste with a hint of melon and NO burn. The perfect summer drink. Just pour over some ice & enjoy :)


Saturday was filled with more eating. We finally went to breakfast at a little cafe right near our house. Once again I had the best french toast made out of a french baguette and James had something far healthier. We enjoyed a lazy day the rest of the day and then I headed out for dessert & a movie with some girl friends. 


We saw The Heat. Hilarious. Like, whole theater laughing out loud hilarious. And I only teared up once... or twice. Pretty good for me considering commercials can make me cry. 
Like this one from Chevy. Watch it without getting a little single tear. I dare ya.


                                    

Sunday was the best day. James got a flying lesson for his birthday which was cancelled last weekend &  rescheduled for Sunday. The weather looked dicey but we headed out and it turned out perfect for the flight. It started raining immediately after and pretty much flooded everywhere, but at least he got to fly! He did so great, and I actually enjoyed myself. But seriously, the feeling of terror I felt beforehand was unbelievable. I'm sorry, but those little tin can planes look less than safe to me. 



I'm off work for the day today to get some things done and have a girls dinner with my mom and sister to wrap up my birthday weekend. Then it's a just nice little 3 day work week for me this week! How was your weekend?



**Linking up with Sami and Molly!





4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great birthday weekend! I have heard such good things about The Heat! Definitely seeing it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend, happy late birthday :) we have a beagle too, they are sure entertaining dogs....
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us this week at The Lets Get Social Sunday linky party. I host a party on Tuesday called The gathering Spot and would love it if you'd share something sometime. Have a wonderful week :) Diane @MamalDiane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see The Heat so bad! Glad to hear how much you and the entire theater enjoyed it, now I really want to see it :) Looks like you definitely had a great birthday weekend.

    I found your blog thru the Blog Hop, looking forward to reading more of your posts! Now following you via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete