Thursday, July 18, 2013

I Have a Confession

So, yesterday Back East Blonde posted about Summer TV that doesn't suck. Well, I have a confession. I like TV that does suck. The less value there is to the show, the more I will probably like it. Now, I like 'real' shows too - my favorites right now are New Girl, The Killing, Mad Men, Homeland and The Walking Dead. But, all year long I have my secret loves programmed into my DVR and you better believe when James goes out for his 500 mile runs or bike rides I park myself on the couch and dive into some trashy TV. And yes, I love every second of it. I'm not ashamed.

Here's some of my favorites.


Giulianna & Bill


I love, love, love this show and I don't care who knows it. She cracks me up, and their baby is too freakin cute. I mean, there's definitely times it feels totally scripted but I don't watch it for quality, I watch it for entertainment. And to stare at her diamond. Have you seen that sucker? It's blinding. 

Vanderpump Rules


I mean, let's be honest, this is like trash of the trash. This is the servers/bartenders who work at one of Lisa Vanderpump's restaurants. Full of melodrama and love triangles and I eat up every bit of it. With a spoon. It just had one 'mini' season and I'm shamelessly hoping there's more. 

Real Houswives of Beverly Hills


What can I say? They're rich & their lives are filled with drama. It's the perfect combo for endless entertainment. RHONY was my fave back in the day (and yes, I did watch Bethenny's spin off...) but this is my current top pick. I also totally watched RHONJ back in it's prime - aka the table flipping days. I attempted to check out Miami but I couldn't see past all their plastic surgery well enough to actually watch the show.

Keeping up with the Kardashians


I mean, who could make a list of trashy TV shows and not include the Kardashians? I have to admit though, I can only watch them in small doses as the way they talk kind of gets to me after a bit. Still, I love it.

Dance Moms


Ok, so I've actually only watched this show a few times, but these ladies are crazy. And oh so very entertaining. It's like watching a train wreck - you just can't look away. I do sometimes feel bad for the girls, though. 

So, there you have it, my not so guilty pleasures. Don't judge me. Thanks.




2 comments:

  1. Haha oh you and me both sister! I love all the trashy television that my husband literally can't even be in the same room for. Dance Moms, Bachelor, Big Brother- I get so excited for them!

    XOXO
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thoroughly enjoy trash tv as well. I also like anything and everything on the food network.

    ReplyDelete